The Southeast Crescent Regional Commission (SCRC) announced it is opening its J-1 waiver program in July 2022. It will accept waiver applications for all medical specialties, including subspecialties within its jurisdiction, which includes all of Florida, a large chuck of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and slices of Alabama and Mississippi.
The basic requirements are:
- Three-year employment contract.
- Work locations must be in a HPSA or MUA/P area.
- Employer must show recruitment not later than 45 days before filing. Recruitment must include ads in JAMA, a regional publication, local publication and recruitment at medical schools.
- Letters of community support (2 from physicians and one from elected official or community leaders).
- Three letters of recommendation for physician from physicians who have worked for them.
Please note, this list is just the basic requirements. As of 7/28/22, the SCRC has not published policies and guidelines but it is expected they will closely mirror the Delta Regional Authority Rules. You can find the list of counties here: Counties of the Southeast Crescent Region.
If you have questions, our Immigration Group at Wright, Constable & Skeen is available for consultation. For a consultation, please email Corey at email@example.com.