We will be keeping this page updated to include educational resources for businesses looking for information about the impact of the transition between the Trump and Biden administrations.
Legal Considerations for the Evolving Workplace
May 4, 2021
10:00 am – 11:00 am EST
COVID, social issues and the Biden Administration are bringing about seismic changes in the workplace. Join Employment Law Attorney Melissa McGuire to learn how to navigate the legal implications of those changes.
Topics will include:
- FLSA, EEO and practical implications of a ‘post-COVID’ workplace
- Changes at the Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board and EEOC that will affect the workpalce
- Expansion of LGBTQ Protections
- Immigration Law Changes
This program is in partnership with AIA Baltimore.
- Changes at the EEOC and the NLRB In the Biden Era – Laura Rubenstein and Melissa McGuire discussed new and expected changes at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) and their impact on employers. Webinar recorded on March 19, 2021.
- Legal Webinar with ABC Baltimore: Preparing for Lean Times – Lisa Sparks and Melissa McGuire partnered with ABC Baltimore to offer timely and practical business and employment law advice on preparing your company for lean times. Topics included: strategies for pursuing and securing payment on troubled projects and how to properly execute layoffs should they be necessary. Webinar recorded on March 25, 2021 – recording coming soon!
- Top 5 Legal Issues Identified for 2021 – Laura Rubenstein and Melissa McGuire partnered with BBG for a webinar on the Top Legal Issues Identified for 2021. Topics include: post COVID workplace trends; the DOL’s agenda; free speech, politics, DEI, anti-racism, and where the EEOC is headed; National Labor Relations Board charges; and restrictive covenants. Webinar recorded on February 8, 2021.
- New Year, New You, Same COVID – Help navigate the latest COVID-19 developments in the workplace as in-person operations enter the horizon. Topics include vaccine mandates, handling leave requests, employer government assistance programs, and more. Webinar recorded on January 28, 2021.
- Much Needed Financial Assistance for Restaurants, Breweries and Eateries by Diane Kotkin
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Update by Morgan Dilks
- President Biden’s Department of Homeland Security Delays Changes to H-1B Lottery
- OSHA Issues Guidance on Preventing Workplace Spread of COVID-19 by Paul Evelius