WCS helps employers gain and sustain a competitive edge. WCS Labor and Employment attorneys represent clients in all areas of employment law and in a variety of sectors including government, non-profits, and business throughout Maryland, the District of Columbia, and across the country. Our experience ranges from the creation of sound employment policies and procedures designed to mitigate potential disputes, to the defense of complex class action lawsuits. WCS advises clients on a broad scope of substantive employment law matters, including:
- Executive compensation, physician, dental and employment contracts
- Development of employment policies, handbooks and training materials
- Conduct engaging and informative employment training for management and employees
- Defend harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination and whistleblower claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act and employee absence and leave matters
- Americans with Disabilities Act and disability access/accommodation (including both employment and public accommodation matters)
- Drug/alcohol testing, background checks and workplace privacy
- Reductions in force
- Immigration law compliance
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Protecting trade secrets and business proprietary information
- Wage and hour and prevailing wage claims
- Union and collective bargaining counsel and litigation
- Providing responsive and experienced counsel on-call to address employment and compliance issues
Human resource management requires proper planning to ensure preventative measures are in place to reduce the risks associated with employee complaints and lawsuits. WCS works closely with clients to develop and maintain necessary policies and procedures to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, and to ensure that the appropriate employment agreements, employee handbooks and restrictive covenants are in place. WCS’s Labor and Employment team is experienced in providing ongoing counsel to employers in a variety of industries with regard to developments in labor and employment law and mitigation of employment practice liability.
Despite a business’ best efforts to plan and establish preventative measures, employment disputes do arise. WCS attorneys offer innovative solutions to assist clients in resolving disputes in an economical and cost efficient manner, including working with clients’ insurance providers for continuous representation.
WCS’s employment counsel and litigators provide thoughtful analysis, definitive solutions and powerful advocacy. Our trial attorneys maintain a long history of obtaining favorable results in trial and appellate courts throughout the country, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance, National Labor Relations Board, State Medical and Dental Boards, and other federal, state and local agencies.