You Have Been in an Automobile Accident, What Should You Do?
A car accident is not something you can ever predict; however if one does occur, you should know what to do immediately thereafter to reduce the severity of its repercussions. Neil Lanzi, P.A. has compiled step-by-step instructions of what to do immediately after getting into an accident. We hope it helps if that terrible moment ever does occur.
- If you can do so safely, pull your vehicle off to the side of the road out of harm’s way.
- Whether you are at fault or not, call 911 for help if you believe you, someone in your vehicle or someone in the other vehicle has been injured.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not volunteer any information to anyone. For example, do not state to the other driver, “I am so sorry, I was sending a text message.”
- Limit your immediate communications to medical care providers only. (more…)