30-minute tele-briefings on narrowly-focused topics for surety company attorneys and surety claims professionals.
SURETY TODAY™ telebriefing, presented live the second Monday of every month, at
12:30 p.m. Eastern | 11:30 a.m. Central | 10:30 a.m. Mountain | 9:30 am . Pacific
SURETY TODAY™ is presented by the partners in the Surety Law Practice Group at Wright, Constable & Skeen. The telebriefings offer in-depth information and commentary on narrowly-focused topics of interest to surety claims professionals.
No matter where you are – at your desk, on the road, in an airport, at lunch or in a conference room with your surety colleagues – if you have a phone or cell phone, you can participate.
Remaining current on surety law, being alert to potential pitfalls and areas of potential dispute, and staying ahead of trends just got easier!
Join the in house counsel and other surety claims professionals nationwide who attend Surety Today monthly tele-briefings.
Current subscribers: 227
How to participate
No internet involvement or pre-registration is required. Just get a PIN (by clicking below) and call in. It’s that simple.
- Toll free: 866-906-0123
- Access code: 7873891# (SURETY1#)
- Enter your PIN: _ _ _ _ _ _
It’s the same three steps – for every call. Your PIN is unique to you and will remain the same for every call.
To get your 6-digit PIN, please click the button below.
The Next Presentation:
Date: Monday, July 10, 2017
Time: 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Topic: The Surety and Arbitration
Presenters: Mike Stover and Jason Potter
In the upcoming months, SURETY TODAY™ will address the following topics: Surety and bankruptcy (a series of discussions addressing such issues as property of the estate, the automatic stay, proofs of claims, preferences, dischargeability, priority of claims and others), the surety and the federal government (a series of discussions addressing such issues as strategic use of the federal Prompt Pay Act, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, False Claims Act, claims against the federal government and others), surety ethical considerations, letters of credit as collateral, trust fund rights and more.
SURETY TODAY™ is brought to you by the Surety Law Group at Wright, Constable & Skeen, LLP in Baltimore, Maryland. George, Jerry, Cindy and Mike have a combined 134 years of experience in the surety industry. We are involved in every major surety industry group and have been leaders in the continuing education of surety claims professionals for decades.
– Mike Stover has been practicing law for 25 years in the surety and construction law field. He is AV preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, and has been repeatedly selected as a Maryland Super Lawyer® and Maryland Best Lawyer®. He has authored numerous papers, articles and book chapters on surety law issues and has given presentations at ABA/FSLC Mid-Winter and Spring Meetings, the Surety Claims Institute and the Northeast Surety and Fidelity Claims Conference. Mike is a co-founder, officer and member of the board of directors of the Philadelphia Surety Claims Association and is a Vice Chair of the ABA/FSLC. Read more >>
– Cindy has been practicing law for 24 years in the surety and construction law field. She is AV preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, and has been repeatedly selected as a Maryland Best Lawyer® and was named Best Lawyer of the Year in 2012. Cindy has authored numerous papers, articles and book chapters and has given presentations ABA/FSLC Mid-Winter and Spring Meetings, the Surety Claims Institute and the Northeast Surety and Fidelity Claims Conference. She has been involved with the leadership of the ABA/FSLC as Co-Chair of a Division and a Vice Chair. Read more >>
– Lou has been practicing law for 34 years. He centers his practice on commercial law, government contracts, construction law and litigation. An aggressive advocate for his clients, Lou seeks resolution of disputes in a timely and efficient manner, when possible through alternative dispute resolution and other forms of negotiation outside the courtroom, when in clients’ best interest, litigating. He has litigated matters before a variety of forums, including the American Arbitration Association (AAA), Boards of Contract Appeals, the GAO as well as federal and state courts. In his three decades of serving businesses in construction, he has represented clients in a wide range of projects, including commercial buildings, condominiums, highway and bridge construction, hospital multifamily housing building, schools and waste water treatment facilities. A frequent speaker to business and legal audiences on topics related to construction and commercial law, Lou is AV rated by Martindale Hubbard and has consistently received recognition as a Maryland Super Lawyer and Best Lawyer, lists deri