Wright, Constable & Skeen has a long history of serving the legal needs of nonprofit institutions.
Clients include local universities, high schools, health care providers, credit unions, museums, land conservation trusts and charitable foundations. Our attorneys serve and have served on a variety of charitable, educational and community service boards. We are also well versed in tax considerations, techniques of charitable giving and governance.
We are able to offer a broad spectrum of services because of our experience with charitable institutions. These include:
- Applying for, obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code
- Drafting and filing organizational documents, terminations and personnel policies and manuals.
- Representing nonprofit organizations on personnel issues ranging from hiring and staffing to termination practices.
- Advising boards and officers regarding internal management issues.
- Interactions with federal, state and local governments.
- Tax matters.
- Grants, fundraising and gift programs.
- Planned gift programs.
- Defending against personal injury claims.
We enjoy working with nonprofits and their management, and endeavor to provide expert, responsive service at a reasonable cost.