Baltimore is a world-class port and transportation hub, well-serviced by interstate highways, railroad trucks and ocean carriers. It is the closest port geographically to the mid-west and combined with the Washington-Metropolitan Area is one of the nation’s most populous regions. Wright, Constable & Skeen and its predecessors have been a staple within that maritime and transportation community for more than 100 years.
Our attorneys include distinguished and well known attorneys within the maritime industry including “Proctors-in-Admiralty” with the Maritime Law Association of the United States and an editor of the Admiralty Maritime Cases Reporter. They have the knowledge needed to assist in solving virtually any problem which may occur in any aspect of the transportation of goods or people by land, rail or sea.
Our attorneys represent commercial and recreational boaters, marinas, ship owners and their insurers. Their representation includes handling matters related to:
- Commercial and recreational vessels
- Vessel arrests and attachments, sales, and lien sales
- Marina liability
- Commercial disputes relating to charters, contracts, cargo and property damage and marine insurance
- Collisions, trucking, railroad and warehouse claims
- Claims under the Jones Act and Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Act, personal injury and death claims
- Towing and salvage
- Maritime claims in bankruptcy
- Federal Employees Liability Act, Federal Safety Appliance Act, Federal Boiler Inspection Act