Trillions of dollars are spent by federal, state and local governments in procuring goods and services controlled by a plethora of statutes, codes, rules, regulations and decisional law from various forums. With offices near Washington, D.C., Wright, Constable & Skeen is in a strategic position to effectively and efficiently respond to the needs of our clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic on all federal, state and local government matters.
We have extensive experience navigating the procedural labyrinth and guiding our clients to desired results. We have been involved in virtually all aspects of procurements in federal, state and local agencies, and our attorneys have appeared before the General Accounting Office, DOD and non-DOD Boards of Contract Appeals, United States Court of Federal Claims, United States District Courts and the various State Boards of Contract Appeals. This wealth of experience enables us to effectively counsel our clients and develop unique strategies for safeguarding their business interests.
Our government contracting clients have a variety of specialized legal needs often depending on the size, experience, product line and sophistication of the client. Such legal needs generally relate to disputes with the government, such as bid protests or claims relating to contract performance, as well as compliance with government procurement laws and regulations.
The services provided reflect comprehensive knowledge and experience:
- Certification of various socio-economic preference categories including 8(a), WOSB, MBE/SDB, and VA
- Joint Ventures and Mentor-Protégé agreements and relationships
- Contract Formation
- Teaming Agreement and Subcontract negotiation and formation
- GSA Pricing and Audit issues
- Contract Performance and Administration
- Contract Protests at the state and federal level
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment and Contract Claims by and against Contractors
- Labor and employment compliance with federal employment laws, such as Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Executive Order 11246, Davis Bacon Act (DBA), Service Contract Act (SCA), Contract Work Hours and Safety Act (CWHSA)
- Cost recovery accounting and permissibility matters under Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA)
- Contractor claims and defense of Government claims before the courts, boards, and alternative dispute resolution bodies for arbitration and mediation
- Commercial litigation between private parties in federal and state courts
- Defense of misconduct investigations and False Claims Act litigation, Qui Tam actions
- Suspension and debarment proceedings
- Management of GAO, Inspector General, and DOJ investigations
- FOIA requests/responses
- Termination challenges and claims