Employment and Labor Law
Wright, Constable & Skeen has decades of experience representing small, medium, and large companies located in Maryland and other states in a wide range of employment-related matters. The Employment and Labor Law Group attorneys understand the issues that confront employers in today’s marketplace. They work closely with clients to address issues before they occur, anticipate problems before they arise, and either prevent or solve them in a practical and expeditious manner.
We resolve day-to-day human resources issues, such as leave and disciplinary problems, and are proficient in:
- Litigation (including arbitration) of employment-related claims brought under:
- Federal statutes such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, USERRA, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- Common law theories such as wrongful (abusive) discharge, breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, civil conspiracy, defamation, intentional interference with contract, and intentional interference with prospective business advantage.
- Preparation of:
- Employee handbooks and employment applications.
- Employment, non-competition, and confidentiality agreements.
- Sexual harassment, leave, and drug and alcohol policies.
- Bonus plans.
- Negotiation of:
- Severance agreements for executives and other employees.
- Collective bargaining agreements and resolution of disputes under grievance/arbitration procedures.